What is the Clean Shield Seat?
- A “Best Level” seat that provides the user a large number of benefits that have not been previously available on elevated and armed seats
- The Clean Shield seat is an elevated seat that comes in both Round and Elongated sizes
- The seat can be used with or without Support Arms, (Support Arms sold separately)
- Support Arms can be added when you purchase the seat or years later when you need additional assistance
What is so different about the Clean Shield seat?
- Everything is the easy answer…
- The Clean Shield seat was designed with the needs and wants of the user as the top priority
- Appearance… high end, residential
- Securely mounted to the bowl, hinged ring with cover, solid (versus hollow), weight capacity of 1,000 lbs., easy to clean and much more…
Why “Clean Shield”
- When elevating the user above the bowl, containment is very important
- The seat’s shield keeps everything in the bowl while avoiding contact through the innovative design
- The stylish, residential design “hides” the shield
- To clean, simply lift the ring to the upright position for full cleaning access
How high is the seat elevated?
- Our Clean Shield seats increase the height of the ring 3”
- Oversized ring is larger than a round or elongated ring
- Oversized ring provides additional comfort by reducing pressure points
- Ring and Cover are hinged, providing easy access for cleaning and standing use of the toilet
- Self-Sustaining hinges prevent Ring slamming and eliminate any lay-back issues
- Stainless steel rods resist corrosion
What is the weight capacity?
- 1,000 pounds
- We do not actually know the limit, our equipment only tests to 1,000 pounds
What is the seat made of?
- Injection molded polypropylene
- This creates a solid, heavy duty seat with high-gloss finish
How do I clean my seat?
- Warm water, soap and a soft cloth
- Do Not use abrasive cleaners… abrasive cleaners will scuff and/or scratch plastic surfaces
- Chemical cleaners are not recommended, but if used, thoroughly wipe down the seat and hinges to remove all cleaner residue
Is the seat hard to clean?
- No… the seat is hinged providing easy access to the seat, rim and bowl
- Seat surface is smooth and glossy, making it easy to clean
- Seat material is stain resistant, passing IAPMO / ANSI Z124.5 Stain Test (industry standard)
Does the seat require any assembly prior to installation?
- No… seat is ready to be installed when taken out of the carton
What tools are needed to install the seat?
- Each seat comes with an Installation Tool (socket wrench) designed to install or remove your Bemis Independence seat
- If you choose to use your own tools, the Installation Head requires a 5/8” wrench… a ratchet socket wrench works best, otherwise use a closed end or open ended wrench
- A wrench is the only tool required to properly install the seat